IN DEMAND Recruitment & Consulting Inc. is currently recruiting for a MILLWRIGHT for our Ste. Agathe, MB client.
As a Millwright you are responsible for performing installation, maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of stationary grain industrial machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Complete regular preventive maintenance on all mechanical equipment according to established schedules, codes and procedures.
- Troubleshoot, fabricate, repair and install mechanical equipment/parts in accordance with established procedures.
- Provide assistance to other Maintenance and Electrical team members when required.
- Operate in accordance with health, safety and fire prevention regulations and practices.
- Perform proper alignments within industry set standards.
- Use plasma cutting tool and welding equipment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to read diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Experience with conveyor, material handling equipment, grain handled and processing equipment is required.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and quality of work initiatives.
- Solid understanding of welding (TIG, MIG, ARC, Plasma, Torch), rigging (proper hand signals, load balancing) and mobile equipment operation.
Education and Qualifications:
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an industrial setting or comparable service work in the industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industrial, elevator and cleaning systems.
- Must be a certified Journeyman with Trades Qualification or Interprovincial certification under the Red Seal Program.
- The successful candidate will receive 3 weeks’ vacation, 10% short term incentive plan (bonus) option and the shift is 8 hours per day Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 3:00pm. They will also be on a rotation on-call schedule outside of 7:00am to 3:00pm.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience that result in the required level of knowledge skill and competence will be considered.
Guided by our values of integrity, trust and respect, our goal is to achieve a workforce as diverse as the people we serve. We encourage all members of the designated groups; aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, women, visible minorities and others to join our team. Our client strives to provide a safe and respectful work environment free of discrimination and harassment and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your resume as a MS Document to – firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED