IN DEMAND Recruitment & Consulting Inc. is currently recruiting a BILINGUAL MAINTENANCE PLANNER for our Montreal, QC client.
Our client is seeking a Maintenance Planner at its Montreal Grain Terminal. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing and monitoring the planning processes to ensure efficient delivery of the engineering plan to meet the Operational objectives at minimum cost and in the safest manner. This includes the planning of all maintenance work performed in the assigned area and maintaining appropriate records and files to permit meaningful analysis and reporting of results or completed work.
Creates predictive and preventative maintenance plans in Avantis in conjunction with the Maintenance Manager. Reviews and screens each work order to ensure it is completed properly.
Ensures timely data entry into Avantis including but not limited to, introducing a new asset, removal of equipment, opening work orders, and inventory data integrity.
Prepare and plan maintenance activities; monitor implementation and update plans with actual performance; review processes and procedures; recommend design enhancements and develop improved repair methods where required.
Review and update maintenance Standard Operating Procedures for equipment and processes.
During all maintenance and operational activities, liaise with and communicate the equipment status to the Maintenance Manager.
Develops and maintains planned and predictive maintenance procedures as required. Examines jobs to be done and determines best way to accomplish the work. Consults with requester or maintenance supervisor when necessary.
Assist others in maintenance projects as required and communicate innovative solutions and recommendations to the maintenance team.
Maintains backlog files of work orders waiting scheduling in accordance with their priority limits with an estimated completion date.
Maintains or monitors equipment downtime database with focus on monitoring unscheduled downtime on key process equipment.
Develops a file of standard work orders and plans for regularly recurring repair jobs, based on historical experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the supervision of day-to-day preventive and, predictive, and corrective maintenance.
- Mechanical/electrical background (necessary) and tech school background (desired).
- Engineering-In-Training designation (an asset).Must possess a demonstrated high degree of tact in dealing with plant staff, craft personnel, external vendors and contractors.
- Bilingual with superior oral/written communication skills (French & English).
- Computer competent, with demonstrated proficiency in the use of word possessing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, website and communications software applications within a Windows based operating environment.
- Ability to read blueprints and shop drawings
- Strong customer service, organization and problem solving skills.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience that result in the required level of knowledge skill and competence will be considered.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your resume as a MS Document to – firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED