IN DEMAND Recruitment & Consulting Inc. is currently looking to hire a GLOBAL DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING for our Bethlehem, PA client.
Our client is a leading supplier to the biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry. Our client’s unique value is based on combining long experience with the ability to engineer, design, manufacture, commission, qualify, and service the entire bioprocess to reduce overall cost, shorten time to market, and maximize productivity. Our client’s products include process and equipment engineering/consulting services, comprehensive site services, bioreactors and fermenters, filtration and chromatography systems, prep and hold systems, and cleaning/sterilization systems.
The Global Director of Engineering reports directly to the COO and has responsibility for the overall strategy, development, and production of new and existing products, as well as working with manufacturing across multiple facilities. The Global Director of Engineering will build and lead all aspects of the global engineering organization, including mechanical and electrical design and automation. The Global Director of Engineering is an experienced engineering professional who can generate significant impact contributing to our client’s bottom line through strategic and tactical direction.
- Lead all aspects of the design and engineering teams within our client’s Group worldwide.
- Develop and implement business plans that align with company goals and overall strategic vision, while reducing operational costs.
- Develop and regularly monitor appropriate performance metrics, financial forecasts, and other metrics to evaluate operations and identify areas for improvement.
- Assure that the department achieves objectives and project completion within budget and time frame.
- Define and own aggressive KPIs for quality, performance, delivery, and cost for all products.
- Motivate staff and provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project management, recognizing the role as that of both manager and support resource / mentor.
- Optimize operating efficiencies between manufacturing sites.
- Research, develop, and implement policies and practices to improve operational efficiencies, reduce costs, and fulfill client expectations.
- Promote a healthy and safe work environment in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations in all day-to-day operations, as well as adherence to existing policies and procedures.
- Ensure adherence with operating budgets are correct and on budget for on time completion of customer orders.
- Maintain 100% Customer satisfaction.
- Continuous improvement in lead-time and cost reduction.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically between the company facilities, vendors, customers and other locations as required. Travel estimated at 20% – Europe and US.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, or Business. MSEE preferred.
- 10+ years manufacturing or engineering management experience in a pharma, life science or capital equipment environment with 5+ years in a proven leadership capacity.
- Lean Six or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Experience in deploying and managing ISO-compliant processes and organizations.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, in addition to demonstrating superior presentation skills and influencing capabilities.
- Strong relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem solving and change management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to develop strategic and collaborative relationships with suppliers and internal customers at all levels of the organization.
Additional Preferred Requirements:
- Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Related industry experience using 3D parametric CAD-based software.
- Prior experience using Autodesk Inventor and/or Routed Systems.
- Prior experience using Autodesk AutoCAD 2D/3D.
- Experience with ERP software. Syteline preferred.
- Experience with ASME / BPE Bioprocessing Equipment standards.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your resume as a MS Document to email@example.com
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED