IN DEMAND Recruitment & Consulting Inc. is currently looking to hire a LEAD ENGINEER for our Johnson City, TN client.
Our client is a global leader in the high-performance battery separators industry. The Lead Engineer is responsible for the lithium-ion battery separator expansion program. The Lead Engineer works with major material and equipment suppliers to successfully start up operating lines in the US and will design and develop wet process PE lithium-ion battery separator coating processes and related tooling for the coating lines to be installed. The Lead Engineer works with suppliers on separator coating formulations approved for manufacturing.
Develop coating run instructions and procedures and implement them on site.
Determine coating and test equipment manufacturing capability/test accuracy and recommend equipment upgrades, modifications, and/or improvements.
Document production solutions and develop KPI’s for coating and slitting processes.
Writes new equipment procedural methods in easily understood format.
Determine cause and corrective procedures for failed coating runs.
Ensure specific projects are completed and delivered on time.
Ensure design concepts comply with customer’s specifications and are manufacturable.
Support acceptance testing, qualification testing, and troubleshooting efforts.
Provide project leadership, work direction, and training to support personnel.
Establish standards of productivity, efficiency, and cost effectiveness.
Work with customers to resolve complex custom-designs and technical problems.
Implement IATF 16949 quality system standards and ensure compliance.
Train and educate personnel involved with job processes and maintenance procedures (machines, materials, and process techniques)
- BS degree in Engineering and industry relevant work experience required.
- Startup or major plant expansion experience a must.
- Expertise in coatings (Experience with spray coating equipment technologies and micro gravure ideal)
- Must be able to multi-task and handle multiple projects and stakeholders professionally.
- Resolve unforeseen issues and adjust plans as needed in a timely manner.
- Communicate information to internal and external audiences geared to the specific audience.
- Develop, adjust, execute, and monitor supply and production plans.
- Balance competing priorities and production scheduling satisfying customer orders.
- Travel domestically and internationally as required.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your resume as a MS Document to us at: email@example.com.
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED