IN DEMAND Recruitment & Consulting Inc. is recruiting a MAINTENANCE MANAGER for our Chicago Heights, IL client.
Based in Chicago Heights, IL, the Company is looking for a Maintenance Manager who is responsible for managing all aspects of the maintenance department. This includes managing the upkeep of all manufacturing assets, managing maintenance budget, and resources and assisting in the design and installation of new systems. This position will lead the maintenance team and contractors to perform equipment inspections, repairs, and equipment changes or additions. Responsible for planning critical maintenance activities and management of a comprehensive maintenance program at the plant. Drives the Maintenance and Reliability initiative focused on Preventive & Predictive Maintenance, not reactive. The position will be responsible for giving direction and scheduling the daily work.
Lead and develop the maintenance technicians. Create challenging but achievable goals to grow. Provide feedback to individuals or the team to make improvements. Provide classroom or on-the-job training to maintenance technicians when needed to develop skills.
Develop and maintain a yearly maintenance budget. Work with accounting to review the previous budget at the monthly review meeting and accurately forecast expenses.
Scope, develop, and execute small to mid-sized capital projects for the site.
Owner and superuser of the CMMS system. Responsible for the maintenance workflow process including the prioritization of work. Create and communicate a schedule of jobs to complete.
Serve as the main contact to contractors and vendors we use. Ensure the work they complete is done safely, of good quality, and per the contract. Work with purchasing to make changes to any vendor purchase orders, bids, or management of contracts. Add or change vendors whenever needed.
Partner with HSE personnel to ensure and support appropriate procedures, training, tools, incident investigations, and metrics are in place to conform to Company standards for assigned units. Drive PSM programs including but not limited to PSRM 06 Contractors and PSRM 08 Mechanical Integrity.
Certified Apollo root cause process, sponsors/lead investigation and ensure actions are closed in assigned areas of responsibilities. Implement sustainable corrective solutions for equipment failure and/or maintenance/reliability management systems breakdowns associated with identified root causes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/other related technical degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a maintenance department.
- The right candidate will have 5-10 years experience in chemical manufacturing or process plants with knowledge of chemical processing and/or packaging equipment.
- As well as experience and knowledge in PSM (Process Safety Management) systems and OSHA 29 CFR 1910. You have excellent communication, analytical, and technical skills with a keen interest in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- You have the ability to develop actionable recommendations and implement the plans you make.
- Previous people leadership experience in developing, performance management and influential leadership.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your resume as a MS Word Document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED