IN DEMAND Recruitment & Consulting Inc. is currently looking to hire a MECHANICAL PROJECT ENGINEER for our Providence, RI, client.
Our client is an international manufacturer of advanced polymer materials and is expanding. They need a Mechanical Engineer for their Corporate Engineering Group in Rhode Island. The Mechanical Engineer participates and manages project teams to design, purchase, and install equipment. The Mechanical Engineer assists plants in troubleshooting and problem solving when called upon. The Mechanical Engineer designs new processes for capital projects and optimizes existing ones.
Design new manufacturing lines and improve existing lines for plastics compounding facilities.
Determine process parameters that influence machine specifications to specify equipment such as extruders, mixers, dryers, pumps, and bulk pneumatic conveying systems.
Design and create drawings for custom components such as chutes, platforms, receivers, hoppers, and conveyors.
Automate new or existing processes using current technology.
Contact manufacturers and vendors for equipment required to support proposed designs.
3D CAD design with a 3D first mentality using Solidworks.
Oversee construction of projects and sign off on acceptance of service/work required.
Provides assistance to employees in retrieving past and present project information.
Provide technical support for facilities worldwide and participate in maintenance as needed.
Prioritize and schedule project work and present project status to senior managers.
Prepare project budgets and measure progress.
Review and approve purchase requisitions.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5 + years on the plant floor experience focused on Project Management/Plant Engineering
- Work experience in a plastics compounding environment ideal
- Project experience on depalletizing projects or dust containment projects ideal
- Experience automating processes and completing automation projects
- Ability to evaluate production requirements and apply appropriate solutions.
- Computer literate and knowledgeable in Solidworks and Project Software.
- Travel up to 30%
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your resume as a MS Document to email@example.com.
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED