IN DEMAND Recruitment & Consulting Inc. is recruiting for a SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER for our Scranton, PA client.
The Senior Human Resources Manager leads all Human Resources activities at our manufacturing sites. You will be responsible for providing cutting-edge, strategic, functional leadership through management of: Employee Relations, Recruitment/Retention, Policies/Procedures, Compensation, Performance Management, and Human Resources Projects. This position shall possess considerable skills, knowledge and experience related to Human Resources Management, with a strong emphasis on Recruitment/Retention, Relationship Management and Employee/Labor Relations in a 24/7 manufacturing environment. The incumbent will display a commitment to Core Values.
- Selects, supervises, develops, evaluates and motivates the Human Resources Staff
- Proactively manages employee performance, most notably in the form of employee performance reviews, employee disciplinary decisions/documentation, compensation determinations and reorganization decisions
- Builds and manages trusting relationships with all internal customers (all employees) to ensure honest, two-way communication and addresses Human Resources-related needs in a prompt and thorough manner
- Recommends and implements personnel policy and procedural updates to stay in-tune with the ever-changing work environment and multi-generational workforce
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable federal and state requirements; conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the company as required
- Partners with plant leadership to provide a complete, strategic, and quality support
- Manages the recruitment of all temporary, exempt, non-exempt and hourly positions from start to finish. Responsibilities to include, but not limited to: compose job postings, distribute postings, identification of recruiting sources, agency fee schedule negotiation, interviewing, reference checks, assessment scheduling and offer letters.
- Conduct compensation benchmarking on annual and per-request basis to ensure competitive compensation and benefits programs and internal equity.
- Play an integral role in communicating “change” to all employees. Ensure communications are honest and open, upwards and downwards and provide an avenue for feedback.
- Representation and participation in internal and external initiatives/organizations
- Spearhead projects, as needed and/or assigned, that solve current business problems and /or directly contribute to long-term business objectives
- Performs additional duties as needed and/or assigned by supervision/management
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (four-year college) OR equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience: 10+ years’ experience in Human Resources Management
Strong computer skills to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Knowledge of Human Resources Information System (i.e. UltiPro)
Strong knowledge of Federal, state and local Human Resources related regulations;
Considerable skills, knowledge and experience related to Human Resources Management with a strong emphasis on Recruitment/Retention, Relationship Management and Employee/Labor Relations;
Proven success in partnering with the business unit’s executives, managers and front-line supervisors;
Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate upwardly to top management and downward to a wide range of audiences;
Proficient in interpreting financials; Demonstrated management/supervisory skills;
Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills;
Ability to motivate teams within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects;
Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings;
Must be self-directed and motivated and able to multi-task in fast-paced, 24/7 manufacturing environment.
Certifications & Licenses: Human Resources certification required (i.e. Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) professional certification: Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) or Professional in Human Resources (PHR)
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your resume and cover letter as a MS Document to – firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED