IN DEMAND Recruitment & Consulting Inc. is currently looking to hire an EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT for our Edmonton, Alberta client.
As part of our succession plan, the Executive Vice President will be responsible for fulfilling the vision and mission of our client by being responsible for planning and directing all aspects of the organization’s revenue and operational activities, policies, objectives, and initiatives. To this end, the EVP will focus on the ongoing, day-to-day management of the organization’s business model, Finance and all internal systems and processes to ensure maximum revenues; provide direction and guidance on overall operational activities; provide leadership by delegating tasks to staff and ensuring the integration of strategic plans with company operations. Accomplish all these in alignment with the main focus of the strategy: to ensure stability and future financial health of the company, building the foundation for future growth.
The day to day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Objectives (by Responsibility):
- Lead the Development of the company’s Strategic Plan
- Manage and Execute the Strategic Plan
- Take leadership role with Vision into the future
- Review, refine and re-define Branding and business model
- Responsible for Program Development by
- Analyzing the terms of the program, on an annual basis, and
- Negotiating with the suppliers for the mutual advantageous terms
- Understand the business model at our client’s organization
- Develop best practices to refine the processes
- Bring awareness to the symbiosis of all programs and processes in our client’s organization
- Responsible for developing and maintaining all partnership relationships in conjunction with the client’s Management Team.
Team Development and Leadership
- Manage, motivate, and mentor all direct reports as specified by the organizational chart.
- Provide leadership in the various systems and operations by ensuring their strategic initiatives are in alignment with overall business objectives of the company.
- Foster and develop collaboration between your direct reports, to ensure an integrated approach to business processes to fulfill the company’s goals and objectives.
- In collaboration with the Management Team, lead and support key sales and business initiatives pertaining to effective operation of the business.
- Communicate key information to the Management Team in respect to operations, human resources, competitive environment, cost management, and other areas.
- As a strategic planner and thinker, develop and implement new business strategies for creating or improving processes and procedures to improve revenue.
- Work with the Management Team to align processes to optimize revenue for our client’s organization.
- Support the various data management roles in developing solid metrics to track Members’ performance, with the objective of increasing Members’ program participation growth, coupled with expanded revenue targets. This will lead to enhanced reporting of membership to our client’s prganization.
- Support the planning and implementation of new avenues to attract potential Members with enhanced strategic partnerships coupled to revenue and membership growth.
- Guide and mentor the Team.
- Report to the Board of Directors and our client’s CEO the company’s status against, and ability to meet, its operational objectives.
- Assist in managing projects, budgets, forecasts, and long-term financial plans; ensure adherence to annual budgets.
- Represent our client’s organization and provide support at all Board of Directors’ meetings.
- Working with the Management Team, design and implement corporate strategies, including fiscal management, sales strategies and operations.
- Support and direct program development, administrative and financial systems, work culture enhancement, consensus-building, and internal communications.
Problem solving and Judgment
- Work within the goals and objectives of our client’s organization to ensure expectations are met.
- Demonstrate ability to tie the vision and mission to the strategic development of the function to deliver an operationally sustainable model.
- Work independently and collaboratively, making timely decisions; involve the Board of Directors in decision making where necessary.
- Monitor our client’s organization performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made, and that corrective action is taken if and when necessary.
- Drive your own performance appraisal every 90 days.
- Operations: any and all information which our client’s organization shall deem to be confidential and of proprietary nature must be kept strictly confidential. Such information must not be disclosed or copied except for your own use as required in the conduct of the business of our client’s organization.
- Materials: all materials, publications, member lists, non-member lists, and any other prospecting and training material or information shall be deemed to be the property of our client’s organization and must be returned to the organization upon termination of your employment with our client’s organization.
- Post-Secondary education in a business discipline or equivalent experience is a must.
- 10+ years’ experience in the Canadian Food / Beverage Industry dealing with Distributors and suppliers is a must.
- Group Purchasing Experience is a MUST!
- Experience dealing with a Board of Directors is beneficial.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, presentation and influencing skills with individuals and groups at all levels.
- Exceptional time, priority and project management skills – able to keep multiple projects with varying levels of size, complexity and sophistication moving forward.
- Demonstrated skills in building, leading and motivating others and driving cultural transformational change.
- Proven success leading initiatives without direct authority and/or control over the stakeholders involved.
- Experience managing, coaching and developing a team of professionals.
- Experience with Budgets, P & L, Costing, Analysis of Reports (Risk), Financial Statements, etc. is needed.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office and CRM’s as well as generating reports is a must.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your Cover Letter and Resume, including your salary expectations as a MS Word document to Stefanie Howse – email@example.com
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED