MAINTENANCE MANAGER, BRANTFORD, ON, CANADA – #5351
IN DEMAND Recruitment & Consulting Inc. is currently recruiting for a MAINTENANCE MANAGER for our Brantford, ON client.
Global Tier 1 automotive manufacturer seeks a MAINTENANCE MANAGER for their Brantford, Ontario plant.
Reporting to the Plant Manager or designate, the Maintenance Manager is responsible for all plant and manufacturing equipment troubleshooting and safety. The Manager is responsible for managing the maintenance team and coordinating department workload.
- Effectively manage a team of maintenance technicians, working with the Maintenance Supervisor and colleagues to ensure smooth workflow with maximum output of the day-to-day workload.
- Oversee effective diagnosis of breakdowns and timely repair of equipment to maximize availability.
- Ensure work orders are created, for work performed and accurate part depletion, using PLEX.
- Work with the Maintenance Buyer to control and source maintenance tools, parts, equipment, and critical spares.
- Oversee scheduled, planned preventative maintenance to minimize unplanned downtime. Assist with determining Preventative Maintenance frequency by using OEM specifications/manuals, analysis reports, knowledge, and education/training.
- Work closely with other Departmental Teams and Technical Groups on Plant
- Projects, as required.
- Act as Facility champion for Control of Hazardous Energy (Lock Out, Tag Out), as well as Chemical Release Prevention and Control.
- Manage Contractor approvals.
- Responsible for Fire Prevention and Hot Work, associated work.
- Responsible to manage the control, use and inspection of Lifting Devices, throughout the facility.
- Report shift performance, administer time and attendance.
- Identify productivity improvements, opportunities and provide feedback to the Management team on continuous improvement activities.
- Ensure that all standard operating, safety, quality and environmental procedures are followed.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement throughout the team of skilled
- Coach and develop the maintenance team, as well as provide technical expertise.
- Understand, lead and maintain the 5S standards of organization
- Participate in Kaizen activity as required.
- Support activities related to the maintenance of ISO14001 & IATF 16949 quality systems.
- Represent Hematite values and improvement initiatives through communications and leadership on shift.
- Ensure team members are achieving objectives in a safe manner and according to Hematite policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Other duties as required.
Strong leadership, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
Practical knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment, materials, tooling, presses, pneumatics, hydraulics, controls
Mechanical, electrical, electronic, or software background with a working knowledge of the other disciplines
Working understanding of the impact of failure/downtime on production and ultimately customer delivery
Strong computer skills and practical knowledge of Excel and Word programs
Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
Must be able to read and understand blueprints, schematics, sketches, and manuals.
Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
Ability to communicate with all inside and outside contacts
Must be available on a call-in basis for emergencies.
Solid knowledge of ESA and OHSA is required.
Ability to communicate well in both written and spoken English.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Minimum five years’ experience in a high volume, automated, manufacturing environment, preferably an automotive environment.
College diploma in Mechanical, electrical, or electronic field.
Experience working with robotics and PLC’s.
Experience working with facilities management.
Leadership training with experience in coaching and team member development.
Managing process improvement.
Experience with IATF 16949, ISO 14001, 5S, and Lean Manufacturing
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your resume as an MS Document to Stefanie Howse – email@example.com.
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED