MAINTENANCE MANAGER, SEATTLE, WA, USA – #5350
IN DEMAND Recruitment & Consulting Inc. is currently recruiting for a MAINTENANCE MANAGER for our Seattle, WA client.
Coordinates and supervises maintenance repairs and preventive/predictive maintenance activities for the plant including all mobile and stationary equipment and machinery. Uses independent judgment in making decisions regarding plant maintenance and in analyzing unusual maintenance problems and situations. Works under general supervision. Refers to supervisor when clarification or interpretation of the organizational policy is needed. Exercises direct or indirect supervision over all maintenance-related employees. Some of them occupy lower-level and mid-level plant management positions, including the Maintenance Department, Mobile Repair Department, Mechanical, and Electrical Maintenance Departments, and Maintenance Planning Department. Over-site of capital expenditures at the plant level and significant involvement in the preparation and control of plant budgets.
What you’ll be contributing:
- Promote and follow all plant safety guidelines.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Establishes, communicates, and assigns job responsibilities, goals, and performance standards for employees within the Maintenance Department.
- Collaborates and coordinates with other department management regarding maintenance projects and priorities.
- Reviews, plans, schedules and supervises all maintenance repairs and preventive maintenance activities for the plant. Responsible for the development and execution of major shutdown schedules, real-time updates, and post-shutdown critiques.
- Oversees all aspects of the maintenance department.
- Affects job performance through motivation, establishing goals, and providing feedback.
- Evaluates performance and recommend merit increases and promotions.
- Obtains, coordinates, and supervises the work of contractors as required for specified repairs.
- Meets with vendors regarding new maintenance equipment and other supplies needed for executing maintenance responsibilities.
- Are an active participant and leader in the Maintenance Excellence Process
- Actively supports and participates in plant safety and environmental programs
- Coordinates with plant management on priorities and schedules for plant projects not necessarily directly related to plant equipment operation.
- Works with Planner to review, plan schedule and supervise all maintenance repair and preventive/predictive maintenance activities for the plant. Investigates and resolve unusual problems or difficulties in maintenance projects.
- Specifies engineering data and solicits competitive pricing on the purchase of major equipment and parts.
- Coordinates with storeroom personnel concerning the amount of supplies and parts needed for maintenance activities.
- Works with Planner to compile records and data regarding maintenance projects and prepares reports for management
- Ensures that maintenance personnel complies with plant and MSHA safety rules and regulations.
- Assists in developing the annual budget and implementing the approved budget. Prepares maintenance budget and capital project documentation for the Plant Manager
- Ensures proper training is conducted for new department employees and existing employees as needed.
- As requested by plant management, may handle the first stages of discipline problems and attendance for the maintenance department.
- Conducts meetings for supervisors to set maintenance priorities. Also conducts and/or participates in meetings with department heads on all plant activities including environmental issues, safety, quality control, shipping, production, maintenance, purchasing, cost containment, morale, etc.
- Collaborates with Plant Manager to discuss goals, strategic planning, etc., and ensures that these directives are achieved.
- Performs daily surveillance of operations by conducting plant inspections and discussing maintenance requirements with supervisors.
- May conduct and/or participate in the plant/union safety committee activities. Conducts monthly safety meetings and trains employees on safety regulations and standards.
- Evaluates safety hazards on a proactive basis and investigate accidents.
- Participates in labor contract negotiations. Investigates problems and try to resolve them before they become grievances. Meets with union representatives as needed.
- Reviews and approves all invoices when Plant Manager is not at the plant. May perform other Plant Manager duties on a relief basis.
- Review maintenance reports analyzing trends. Assists Plant Manager in preparing annual budgets for company executives.
- Recommends improvements and other types of suggestions to improve plant productivity, employee morale, etc.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Extensive knowledge of all equipment and machinery used in the plant and how each of them functions. Extensive knowledge of maintenance techniques and repair procedures on general types of industrial equipment such as pumps, compressors, electric motors, fans, conveyor belts, and air conditioning equipment. Knowledge of maintenance techniques and repair procedures for equipment specific to the production of cement such as kilns, ball mills, roller mills, air separators, and Fuller-Kinyon pumps.
- Knowledge of MSHA safety regulations. General knowledge of EPA environmental regulations
- Knowledge of procedures for welding operations, tool and die manufacture, machine shop operations, millwright work, steel fabrication, and pipe fitting. Design and drafting skills for structural steel, piping, general fabrication, and layout of equipment.
- Knowledge of construction techniques for buildings of different types like concrete block, wood, and steel construction. Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- May require the ability to climb ladders, lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds, enter confined areas, and be exposed to extreme temperatures and dusty environments. Understands and can use Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Avantis (CMMS) software.
- Ability to read, write and understand warning labels, instructions, signs, etc.
- 5 or more years of experience in a cement manufacturing facility with specific exposure to management responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree with knowledge of Engineering principles and procedures or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in Engineering preferred.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your resume as a MS Word Document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED