IN DEMAND Recruitment & Consulting Inc. is currently recruiting for a MANAGER, LOGISTICS for our Warden, WA client.
This position is accountable for the operations of the Logistics department and planning of the overall product supply needs, while ensuring employee safety. The incumbent is responsible for achieving the strategic logistics and planning objectives and for supporting the company’s sustainable growth.
Assesses customer requirements and liaises with the appropriate department (Marketing, Logistics, Quality Assurance, Operations and Manufacturing) to ensure customer needs are achieved.
- Manages the reception, storage and loading of products handled by the facility and, when applicable, a third party storage provider.
- Manages the scheduling of staff based on data provided by Operations.
- Manages grain, meal and oil inventories and monitors the condition of product to ensure customer specifications are met.
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting of railcars received, truck and railcars loaded, and seed and meal inventory levels. Maintains accurate records of locomotive maintenance, loading/unloading, and rail car movements.
- Responsible for measuring Logistics performance and progress by ensuring adequate monitoring systems are in place. Identifies and recommends opportunities for logistics improvement.
- Leads the Food Safety and EH&S Programs with the logistics team.
- Oversees and coordinates Logistics projects, in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Responsible for coordinating the work of external Contractors within their area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the scheduling of maintenance of the rail tracks and locomotive.
- Responsible for all aspects of the team’s human resource management including hiring, promoting, performance management and discharging within company policy.
- Lead, coach and manage the team to ensure excellence, awareness and commitment to the customers, team and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Participates in the development and management of operating budgets.
- Assesses best practices and leading trends in logistics.
- Manages Quality Control, as it relates to logistics, including but not limited to FSSC 22000 compliance, Audits, Waste Management and staffing.
- Ensures the implementation of pro-active health, safety and environmental programs.
- Develops and foster relationships with internal clients delivering high quality service and seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Six (6) years of experience in managing logistics and staff within a processing facility.
Degree in Business Administration or Logistics
Equivalent combinations of education and experience that result in the required level of knowledge skill and competence will be considered.
- Well-developed leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong judgment and proven ability to handle complex business needs issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, take ownership, and follow through on commitments.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively under stress as related to flexibility and variation required of daily planning within an oilseed processing facility.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your resume as a MS Word Document to email@example.com.
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED