IN DEMAND Recruitment & Consulting Inc. is currently looking to hire a DIRECTOR OR MANAGER OF SUPPLY CHAIN for our Bethlehem, PA client.
Our client is a leading supplier to the biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry. Our client’s unique value is based on combining long experience with the ability to engineer, design, manufacture, commission, qualify, and service the entire bioprocess to reduce overall cost, shorten time to market, and maximize productivity. Our client’s products include process and equipment engineering/consulting services, comprehensive site services, bioreactors and fermenters, filtration and chromatography systems, prep and hold systems, and cleaning/sterilization systems.
The role of Director, Supply Chain reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is a senior leader with experience in operational, tactical and strategic facets of a global supply chain. The role requires proven success both as a leader who has built and enabled effective teams, and as an individual contributor who adapts easily to a rapidly changing environment. This person must be recognized as a collaborative business liaison possessing outstanding client and supplier relationship management skills. This person is a contracting, sourcing, and supplier management professional, with experience managing cross functional teams toward the best possible outcome and someone skilled in complex contract negotiations, process improvement, and relationship management (internal and external).
The role provides oversight for supply planning of all projects, conducts ongoing evaluation of operational systems and processes to maximize effectiveness, and manages an end-to-end view of operations to help increase margins through operational excellence without compromising customer or consumer satisfaction.
- Manages a group of supply chain professionals who perform supply planning on the full portfolio of projects with overall responsibility of consistently achieving target inventory levels as well as maintaining customer service metrics.
- Optimizes the flow of goods from suppliers to manufacturing, and from manufacturing to customers through segmentation, maximized planning, and the application of lean principles.
- Assists in the launch of new products on time by working cross functionally and using a design-to-value approach that integrates consumer needs, competitive intelligence, and supplier insights into the supply chain, as well as minimize finished goods and product obsolescence.
- Coordinates supply chain management reporting and measures/tracks supply chain KPI’s.
- Evaluates and builds manufacturing networks that are flexible, responsive, innovative, and resilient.
- Identifies, evaluates, defines, tests and implements systems, processes and reporting improvements for the supply planning function and other systems in order to help hedge and minimize the volatility of costs, material, demand, and exchange rates.
- Leads meetings and training events to enhance productivity, improve employee effectiveness, and meet business objectives such as reductions in inventory, increasing unit fill rate, improving reporting accuracy and score-carding.
- Assumes a key supporting role in acquisition or divestiture activity.
- Assists with reporting and budgeting initiatives.
- Understands and is able to interpret contract language and needs.
- Travel estimated at 25% to support business activities of all locations – Europe & US
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or an affiliated business major (MBA preferred) with at least 8+ years in a pharma, life science or capital equipment environment with 5+ years in a proven leadership capacity. Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) certification strongly preferred.
- Core Competencies: Supplier Relationship Management, Supplier Risk Management, Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Rationalization, Category Management, Spend Analysis, Contract Lifecycle Management, Managed Staffing, Supplier Diversity, Budget Planning, Outsourcing, RFP, and Negotiations.
- Recognized ability to reduce cost, eliminate waste, streamline operations, and comprise solutions.
- Ability in developing strategic and collaborative relationships with suppliers and internal customers at all levels of an organization.
- Able to effectively manage project schedules and budgets.
- Very strong leadership, communication and influencing capabilities.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) and master production scheduling is a must. Syteline experience a plus.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, FDA, ISO-9000, etc., strategic sourcing methodologies, contract negotiation expertise and project management.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your resume as a MS Document to email@example.com
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED