IN DEMAND Recruitment & Consulting Inc. is currently recruiting for a QA TECHNICIAN for our Warden, WA client.
This position is responsible for performing routine analytical testing of canola seed, oil and meal products with a focus on chemical analysis, product quality and results analysis.
- Performs routine testing of seed, oil and meal ensuring products meet specification. Communicates results to management and/or Shift Supervisor, immediately reporting issues or concerns.
- Records results and maintains accurate records of samples for shipments.
- Prepares chemical reagents accurately and keeps lab stocked with chemicals and supplies for night and weekend operators.
- Completes daily housekeeping tasks to create and maintain a safe working environment.
- Completes accurate certificates of analysis on product prior to shipment, holding shipments that do not meet specifications or food safety requirements—including verification of shipping inspection records.
- Comply with all regulatory and internal requirements—including completing required inspections.
- Completes other assigned long-method chemistry testing as required.
- Operates, quality checks, and performs minor troubleshooting for instrumentation.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
Minimum one (1) year related experience.
Education and Qualifications:
High school diploma or Equivalent.
Associates degree (2 year college or technical school) in science.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience that result in the required level of knowledge skill and competence will be considered.
Ability to perform accurate mathematical calculations.
Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
Detail oriented and proven organizational and time management skills. Computer competent.
Ability to conduct sensory analysis and routine use of a respirator required.
Hours of operation are 6am-2:00pm M-F, or 10am – 6pm M-F with possibility of 12 hour shifts in the future and some Saturdays 8hrs when necessary
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your resume as a MS Document to – email@example.com
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED