TECHNICAL SUPPORT PERSON – MACHINERY, MISSISSAUGA, ON, CANADA – #5326
IN DEMAND Recruitment & Consulting Inc. is currently recruiting for a TECHNICAL SUPPORT PERSON – MACHINERY for our Mississauga, ON client.
Our client is a full-line manufacturer of stretch wrap machinery ranging from semi-automatics, to technically advanced customized automated systems sold worldwide. They are recognized for bringing new and innovative technologies to market like the exclusive patented A-ARM technology that uniquely cuts and attaches the stretch film above the load.
The company legacy of advanced wrapping technology and dependable customer support dates back to 1990. They have built their reputation based on benefits of versatility, affordability and custom manufacturing. Our client believes their largest asset to be their staff base, which includes some of the best and most experienced personnel in the industry. Some team members have been in the industry since the birth of the stretch wrapper itself and have worked on installations for hundreds of customized machines solving hundreds of packaging problems across all industries.
Full time technical phone support person for machinery repair.
Helping field technicians trouble-shoot machinery repairs. Trouble-shoot input, outputs, switches, sensors and shorts.
The successful applicant will have an electrical/mechanical technical background.
Must be able to read and trouble shoot from an electrical schematic. There will be a test.
You will also be responsible for maintaining various deadlines, keeping track of orders, research and the generation of quotes and sales orders.
- Customer service
- Technical support
- Research machine details and generate parts quotations
- Sales, returns and qualification of warranty claims
- Picking and packing of parts orders
- Compiling manuals
- Light assembly of parts
- Once the applicant is acclimatized in the position, they will be required on a periodic basis to provide technical instruction to small groups of customer technicians on the repair and maintenance procedures of our machinery.
- Technical writing
- Minimum 3 years electro-mechanical experience in the area of assembly or service of any type of machine. Trouble shooting issues must be a significant part of the above experience and will be the primary focus in the interview.
- Proficient in English – speaking/reading/writing.
- Strong communications skills and customer service orientated
- Good computer skills, and experience using MS Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access)
- UPS software
The following additional skills and experience would be an asset
- Knowledge of AutoCAD ,
- Familiarity with Programmable Controllers and PLC programming software
- Experience with the set-up and adjustment of AC and DC variable speed drives.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your resume as a MS Word Document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED