IN DEMAND Recruitment & Consulting Inc. is currently looking to hire a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR for our Delta, BC client.
For over 30 years our client has been empowering companies who handle, transport and store hazardous materials with the knowledge and products they need to comply with regulations that impact their business.
Our client was founded in 1987 with one principal in mind – to help our customers comply with hazardous materials regulations, whether they are handling, shipping or transporting dangerous goods by air, ground or sea. Over the years, they have become a leader in providing supplies and services to hazardous materials shippers throughout North America and around the world.
Our client is a leader in compliance training and consulting for dangerous goods. They have a complete Hazardous Materials/Dangerous Goods and Hazard Communication programs that will help industry comply with regulations. When using their services their clients are employing the expertise of chemists, engineers and training specialists who monitor regulatory changes and can help clarify compliance needs.
Their Business Development team members are instrumental in educating current and prospective customers on how their vast array of solutions provide compliance with complex dangerous goods and hazard communication regulations in North America. BDCs offer administrative support to the Business Development Manager’s to ensure every customer is given the white glove treatment and attentiveness deserved. Attention to detail, accuracy and prompt response times to both internal and external customers is essential.
Our client is a team that strongly believes in the knowledge and products they provide to their customers. Strategic new thinking and great ideas are imperative to our growth and as such, we actively pursue opportunities that exceed our customer’s expectations with custom cost-effective solutions.
Join their diverse, supportive and entrepreneurial team as we continue to grow and inspire improvements in our industry.
The Business Development Coordinators are responsible for a variety of functions in support of sales efforts such as preparing quotes, setting appointments, contacting customers, monitoring sales volumes, establishing sales trends, and analyzing trends. The role also contains an administrative support aspect for the Business Development Managers (BDM). The ability to apply intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues will also play a part in the day-to-day role of the BDC. You will need to exercise independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action.
Overall, the BDC will contribute to the sales of the objectives for client satisfaction and retention by providing support, knowledge and diversified administrative and related support to the BDM’s and indirectly to all other staff members across the organization.
- Providing administrative coordination/support for Business Development Managers by arranging appointments and preparing itinerary/schedules, answering/redirecting calls, responding to inquiries.
- Generate and manage leads through customer and market analysis
- Coordinating and scheduling meetings/presentations, trade show attendance and support for ongoing projects.
- Answering the phone and handling walk-in customers
- Authoring and following up on quotations
- Developing positive relationships with new and existing customers
- Communicating with clients on a regular basis and ensuring all existing customer contracts are renewed on time.
- Reporting all findings in CRM including potential sales, complaints and problems, new product ideas, competitive information, and areas to grow and expand.
- Coordinating weekly/monthly/quarterly reports for BDMs and senior management
- Attending weekly sales meeting to ensure knowledge sharing is transpiring
- Strong desire to assist in supporting and developing new business for the client
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Professional telephone manner
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to add value by recognizing and working in the best interest of the clients
- Self-motivated and tenacious, with the ability to consistently drive yourself
- Ability to solve practical problems, applying analytical reasoning
- Ability to work effectively when unsupervised as well as in a team environment
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (asset)
- Experience with a contact management system (asset)
- High level of knowledge in WHMIS and Dangerous Goods regulations (asset)
- Experience with SAGE accounting software (asset)
- University or College graduate (asset)
- Occasionally to other branches or to local clients with the BDM
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your resume as a MS Document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED