IN DEMAND Recruitment & Consulting Inc. is currently recruiting a GLOBAL STRATEGIC SOURCING MANAGER for our client’s location in the Philadelphia, PA area.
Our client was founded on the belief that people should have the freedom to fix their vehicles. For over a century, they have provided countless products and services to help people do just that. As a $1.3B*+ global supplier of aftermarket automotive parts, with 3,300+ Contributors, and 28 Sites across the globe, they remain focused on driving new solutions, to help their partners grow their businesses, and help repair professionals and vehicle owners maintain their vehicles. The freedom to pursue new ideas, offer different perspectives, and grow in your career is fundamental to working at this company.
Reporting to the Director of strategic Sourcing, the role of Strategic Sourcing Manager plays a critical role in the identification and development of the supplier base in USA. You will be responsible for managing all components within the assigned commodities from RFQ stage, business award, and prototype through serial production. The position has high visibility within the organization and offers the chance to be a part of the growing Global Supply Chain Team of an Automotive Aftermarket Spares Distributor in North America. This is a critical role, focusing on sourcing and procurement support for our Light-Duty and Heavy-Duty product categories/projects.
- Lead the creation and harmonization of Regional, Supplier, and Category Strategies that define the “Future State” supply base that will optimally support Dorman’s objectives for innovation, speed-to-market, quality, and total cost of ownership.
- Actively engage with all stakeholders to gain an in-depth understanding of their evolving needs and their participation in the ongoing development and refinement of sourcing strategies.
- Identify and monitor potential supply risks and proactively develop and implement risk mitigation strategies.
- Monitor product line demand trends and new product development funnels to determine required long-term supply base capacities and capabilities and take proactive action to ensure capacities and capabilities are readily available as needed.
- Actively manage Regional and Suppler Portfolios that incorporate the latest information on alternative regions and suppliers.
- Maintain awareness of world markets and emerging material-related issues in the industry and position the supply chain to flexibly respond accordingly. Understand the technology roadmap of critical suppliers and communicate throughout the organization with a formal commodity strategy.
- Establish and facilitate strategic teams to leverage supplier capabilities in product design, cost reduction, lead time reduction, and customer satisfaction.
- Lead productivity process from Ideation through savings realization to achieve targeted TCO reductions.
- Maintain Project Ideation Funnel and Active Project Decks to simultaneously deploy strategies, achieve YoY performance improvements, and support NPI/Growth initiatives.
- Lead sourcing projects from ideation to successful volume production ramp-up.
- Monitor ongoing supplier performance, support Buyer/Planners and SQEs on resolving chronic supplier performance problems, revise supplier strategies, and if necessary lead projects to exit poor-performing suppliers.
- Lead Business Reviews with key suppliers to review quality, delivery, and cost performance, progress on strategic initiatives, and ensure ongoing strategic alignment between Dorman and the Supplier
- Partners with Engineering, Program Management, Supplier Quality, and Supply Chain Teams to ensure suppliers are meeting program milestones, delivering material on time, fulfilling quality requirements, and following proper change management procedures to maintain OTD and cost management.
- Manage the strategic vendor relationship as the primary commercial point of contact for Dorman Products and each supplier.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to the organization for matters pertaining to component cost including savings opportunities, supplier strategy/capabilities, VA/VE, and lean manufacturing.
- Manages and resolves issues with commercial terms or supply chain issues, escalating to leadership based on severity.
- Minimum 10+ years of Supplier Development / Procurement experience working in an Automotive (OEM/Tier1) or high-tech manufacturing industry.
- BS/BA in engineering, business, or technical discipline. An MBA is highly desired.
- Extensive in-country experience sourcing products and components from best-cost regions including USA, Canada, Puerto Rico and the Caribbean’s.
- Hands-on experience supporting new product development projects, qualifying suppliers, qualifying products/components, verifying suppliers manufacturing readiness, and ramping up volume production in low-cost regions.
- Broad knowledge of the global marketplace and manufacturing technologies for assigned commodities.
- Previous management of a global supply base, supporting multiple worldwide manufacturing locations.
- Ability to lead strategic sourcing, vendor development/management, RFX events, advanced sourcing, new product introduction, pricing, and terms negotiations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to perform and produce results in multifunctional global teams in a dynamic work environment.
- Proven abilities to drive sustainable supplier quality, delivery, and cost improvements.
- Experienced using supplier performance management best practices to drive supplier continues improvement.
- Lean/Six Sigma certification (black belt or green belt) is desired.
- Certification in APICS CPIM and ISM SPSM is desired.
Willingness to travel 25% – 50%.
In office Monday – Thursday, WFH Friday, and one other day during the week
Excellent communication and analytical skills, including the ability to present frequently to Senior Leadership teams.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your resume as an MS Word Document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED