IN DEMAND Recruitment & Consulting Inc. is currently recruiting for a SALES DIRECTOR – EMULSION POLYMERS for our East Berlin, CT client.
Position Summary: P&L responsibility for proprietary emulsion polymers enabling > 15% annual revenue growth, facilitating new $4 million investment in reactor capacity expansion and enabling share growth of higher gross margin proprietary emulsion polymers.
Achieve revenue and profitability targets for proprietary emulsion polymers through direct selling efforts at existing / new “ house “ accounts and via Brenntag sales distribution .
- Achieve annual budgeted sales and gross margins (2019 – $7.8 million incremental sales with average 21.5% gross margin).
- Set pricing for proprietary emulsions to achieve minimum gross margin profitability targets.
- Maintain gross margin profitability at existing “house” accounts.
- Set strategic sales and business development plan.
- Visit customers and own the relationship with existing “house” accounts.
- Own the relationship with Brenntag North East, Mid- South, and Great Lakes.
- Implement additional new sales channels through distribution and direct commission technical sales agents to grow the opportunity pipeline for proprietary emulsion polymers.
- Claims resolution with customers.
- Implement CRM system with customer visit reports/customer profiles/Key contacts/opportunity pipelines etc.
- Effective interaction with R&D Director and R&D team by regular review of projects and customer priorities.
- Set R&D priorities with R&D Director through biweekly Emulsion Polymers Steering Team R&D project review.
- With R&D Director to ensure Stage/Gate product development process to align sales and operations with customer/market projects
- Develop industry standard company and product marketing materials.
- Exhibit the client’s Polymers at 2019 Eastern Coatings Show and 2020 American Coatings Show.
- Develop sales/marketing three-year strategy and implement.
- Provide monthly forecast with volumes for existing and new “house” account customers and customers serviced by sales distribution partners.
- With Director of Operations – ensure quality control procedures and lot tracking systems are effectively functioning to control and certify production and customer release of emulsion polymers.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with customers.
- Ability to work with R&D & Operations to deliver emulsion polymers for existing and new customers.
- Ability to manage sales through distribution channels.
- Ability to contribute at the Senior Leadership Team level.
- Strategic thinking with a bias for action.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Track record of training and motivating direct sales and sales distribution partners
- Technical knowledge of emulsion polymers and coatings industry or related formulated products sold B2B.
- Ability to sell and close deals.
- Direct sales experience with a track record of ten years of successful B2B direct sales experience of emulsion polymers or formulated products.
- Self-motivated, energetic performer with strong communication and planning skills.
- Ability to work with R&D to bring new emulsion polymers out of the laboratory that meet customer requirements.
- Experienced in CRM (SalesForce) and Stage/Gate to align sales opportunities with product development and operations.
- B.S. or B.A. degree preferred.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your resume as a MS Word Document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED