TERRITORY SALES MANAGER II (TSM II), ANY REGION IN WESTERN CANADA – #5333
IN DEMAND Recruitment & Consulting Inc. is currently recruiting for a TERRITORY SALES MANAGER II (TSM II) for any Region in Western Canada for our Canadian Crop Solutions client.
Under the direction of the National Commercial Director the Territory Sales Manager II (TSM) will be responsible for the promotion, sales and market development of our client’s products to current and new distributors, dealers, and growers/end-users within the assigned territory.
This position will engage in the sales, management, distribution, collection and servicing of distributors, dealer and other customer accounts.
This position is expected to promote and support Company products and programs at all major company functions including, but not limited to grower meetings, trade shows and annual regional and national conferences.
This position is also expected to engage in business development with major distributors, key retailers and large integrated grower accounts in the ag sector.
In addition, the TSM will be responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual product volume and sales forecast and plan.
- Focus on retaining and growing sales with existing customers;
- Retain and grow our client’s USA customer base within the assigned territory;
- Identify, recruit and train new distributors and dealers;
- Develop and maintain relationships with key growers/end-users to create pull-through demand through our distributors and dealers;
- Perform direct customer sales calls using Company programs and literature;
- Determine customer needs by asking questions, listening, and responding promptly;
- Conduct service and troubleshooting calls for customer and report all findings;
- Coordinate and implement marketing and training activities with distributors, dealers, growers/end-users;
- Manage orders to maximize sales and logistic efficiency;
- Assist and support other TSMs when requested;
- Assist in collection of accounts when requested;
- Share market knowledge with supervisor through verbal and written communications;
- Identify and resolve customer and dealer challenges in a timely manner;
- Identify and communicate product improvement needs and new product development opportunities consistent with customer needs;
- Pursue continual personal development and learning opportunities;
- Perform administrative functions as required to maintain efficient and effective sales;
- Perform accurate sales and product forecasts as required by the Company;
- Educate, coach and motivate distributors and dealers to sell, service and grow our client’s Western Canadian business;
- Maintain thorough knowledge of our client’s products and services in order to educate both dealers and growers on the benefits of the products and how to use them;
- Meet and exceed yearly sales targets as established by the National Commercial Director;
- Actively utilize CRM software to track all customer and/or lead interaction;
- Collaborate with Technology Development Specialists and the Director of Applied Research in developing and managing research and field trials focused on key crops and geographies;
- Ability to prepare PowerPoint presentations and comfortable with public speaking and making PowerPoint presentations to retailers, distribution, growers/end-users, and industry partners in general;
- May provide some mentoring or assistance to new or less experienced sales personnel;
- Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities at any time.
Key Performance Indicators
- New lead generation / prospecting
- Conversion of market lead to customer
- Sales volume
- Accuracy of sales and product forecasting
- Business development activities
- Customer satisfaction
- Successful execution of annual territory plan
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or Ag Science or related field required; Masters’ degree in business or related field preferred;
- CCA or other state required certifications required depending on the market requirements;
- 5 – 8+ years of agriculture sales experience;
- Solid experience in meeting and exceeding sales objectives in high-value agricultural specialty products;
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record as determined by the Company’s automobile insurance policy;
- Ability to work independently with little/some direction provided;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required; Share point and ERP experience or similar software highly preferred;
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your resume as a MS Word Document to email@example.com.
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED