IN DEMAND Recruitment & Consulting Inc. is currently looking to hire a MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR / RELIABILITY LEADER for our Princeton, BC client.
Our client is seeking to add a Maintenance Supervisor / Reliability Leader to its lumber manufacturing team. The successful candidate will have proven abilities or exceptional aptitude in safety leadership, reliability/maintenance practices, team development and technical capabilities with experience working in an industrial setting. We are looking for someone who can lead our maintenance team to world class execution of standard manufacturing and maintenance practices to improve our processes and increase reliability. Competent in all areas of maintaining strong working relationships, maintenance processes, and administration, the successful candidate will have the ability to grow and develop as a leader within the company.
- Safely delivering operational excellence in a dynamic manufacturing environment
- Role model all safety standards/processes and on-the-job behavior by living our core values, people principles, fostering a positive and inclusive work environment
- Ensure teams have safety understanding, alignment, and engagement
- Share responsibility for attaining a world class reliability culture
- Leading a team of ~20 tradespeople in delivering work execution excellence
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with operations and maintenance personnel, corporate resources, peers, and senior leadership to continuously improve mill operations to improve reliability
- Facilitates fact-based meetings with maintenance, production, leadership to identify priorities and plans to improve, implements and leads the plans, and documents and tracks progress
- Practice responsible financial management in the execution of maintenance reliability functions
- Continuously improve our preventative and predictive maintenance program following “best maintenance practices” and utilizing SAP
- Responsible for the development of maintenance leaders and associates through clear expectations, leading by example, performance reviews, coaching and other professional approaches
- Contribute toward strategic planning process to include providing input, direction and solutions to issues based on analytical data
- Remain current and up to date on changing technical, reliability and maintenance management improvements in the industry
- As necessary, own or contribute to other mill functions, such as Health and Safety Committee activities or environmental initiatives.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role in an industrial environment
- Work related experience in leading and ensuring compliance with safety initiatives
- Knowledgeable in the areas of electrical, mechanical and PLC programming
- Proven expertise in preventive and predictive maintenance methods
- Ability to identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent reoccurrence
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and electronic communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to raise performance by building and maintaining positive relationships with all associates through coaching, development and instilling a continuous improvement mind-set
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making skills
- Must have track record of consistently demonstrating leadership skills as well as positive influence and accomplishments in proactively influencing safety, environmental, quality, productivity and people development
- Demonstrated basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Office, other windows based programs and internet skills
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Working knowledge of business and financial concepts
- Demonstrated results in achieving and sustaining business goals
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your resume as a MS Document to Stefanie Howse – email@example.com.
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED