IN DEMAND Recruitment & Consulting Inc. is currently looking to hire an INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN (accepting 4th-year apprentices) for our Woodstock, ON client.
Our client is a global community of 158,000 makers, thinkers, innovators, and shapers, with steel in their DNA. They are committed to giving the world the smarter steels it needs to make a positive difference to people and the planet. Steels made using innovative processes which use less energy and emit less carbon. Steels that are cleaner and stronger. Steels for electric vehicles and renewable energy infrastructure that will support societies as they transform.
Would you like to work for a company that celebrates a long weekend with both the Friday and the Monday off and has a good pension plan to boot? Located in Woodstock this is a respected company, great place to work low employee turnover and positive Employee/Labour Relations. Part of a Large multinational corporation with a worldwide presence this is a mid-sized operation with rolling, forming, and robotic welded assemblies for a diverse range of industries.
Will have the typical responsibilities of an industrial electrician but will also include:
- Troubleshooting controls/HMIs including AB SLC 500/Contrologics, Modicon, FactoryTalk, and Panelmate as well as AC/DC drives and Motoman robots.
- Will also troubleshoot for all safety equipment, safety controls, and light curtains. Strong focus on H&S this is an 18001/14001 certified environment.
- Must be available to work rotating shifts (2-week rotation: days – 8:00am-4:00pm and afternoons 4:00pm-12:00am; and occasional midnights – 12:00am-8:00am)
- Must have 3-5 years’ related experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and experience with PLCs and motor drive controllers
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must be team-oriented and have a good work ethic
- Must be self-motivated
- Moderate computer skills are an asset
- Working knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems
- Working knowledge of ISO/IATF procedures
Must have served a bonafide apprenticeship. (must possess CFA)
Must have a Certificate of Qualification (preferably Industrial Electrician)
A competitive salary of $40-$44/hr plus paid overtime and an additional shift premium
Great Company pension program
Employee assistance program
Extended health care
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your resume as a MS Document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED