IN DEMAND Recruitment & Consulting Inc. is currently recruiting for a LOGISTICS OPERATOR for our Warden, WA client.
This role is responsible for the efficient unloading of incoming canola seed and loading and shipment of oil and meal to customers via truck and railcar.
- Collect product samples for analysis and keep them secured and organized to facilitate quick retrieval.
- Operate equipment to load and unload trucks and railcars with seed, oil, and meal.
- Operate locomotive to move railcars in position for loading and unloading product.
- Perform confined space activities with a bobcat for the purpose of cleaning storage bins.
- Inspect equipment, trucks, and railcars for cleanliness, damage, and compliance with standards.
- Grade seed to ensure quality standards and correct processing and usage.
- Weigh and measure product and compute storage capacities using scales and other measuring instruments to ensure accurate information for recordkeeping and prevent overages.
- Monitor and move seed, oil, and meal to and from storage units to meet operational needs.
- Communicate with other departments to identify and troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Using SIPS, prepare documents such as bills of lading and shipping orders to ensure proper receipt, delivery, and accounting of product.
- Collect and report all inbound and outbound weight and quality information.
- Perform regular housekeeping duties as directed by Management
- Follow all safe workplace practices, comply with all applicable safety and health rules, and actively participate in safety programs.
- Provide a high-level of customer service through courteous and helpful interactions with customers.
- Operates in accordance with the principles of the Company’s food safety certification program.
- Reports any food safety, food quality or plant security issues to management for appropriate action.
Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
Previous experience in a manufacturing/ industrial environment, grain processing facility or railcar/locomotive operations an asset.
Education and Qualifications:
Grade 12 or equivalent.
Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office
Experience with integrated grain software an asset
Must be able to work shift work including nights, weekends and holidays as required.
Ability to work in a dusty environment.
Ability to work outdoors year around.
Ability to work from heights.
Ability to lift 25-50 lbs as needed.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience that result in the required level of knowledge skill and competence will be considered.
Hours of operation are 6am to 2:30pm rotating with 9:30am to 6pm M-F, willing to work weekend 8 hour days, or night shift 5pm to 1:30am M-F
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your resume as a MS Document to – firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED