IN DEMAND Recruitment & Consulting Inc. is currently recruiting for a RAIL LOAD-OUT ASSISTANT for our Ste. Agathe, MB client.
This role is responsible for the efficient loading and shipment of oil and meal to customers via truck and railcar, as well as operating the shipping/receiving systems in the load-out facility.
- Operate locomotive to move railcars in position for loading product.
- Operate equipment (shuttle wagon, loader, skid steer, bobcat, etc) to load trucks and railcars with oil and meal.
- Perform confined space activities with a bobcat for the purpose of cleaning storage bins.
- Monitor conveyers, bins and legs; adjust and control levels and motors on the loading/unloading control system using PLC interface.
- Inspect equipment for wear and potential damage and assist maintenance with repairs when needed.
- Maintains proper housekeeping and manufacturing practices, including but not limited to: in-depth cleaning on exterior equipment, storage bins and tanks as per specifications and food safety regulations, and maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Collect samples on raw ingredients, meal and oil from the finished shipping containers. Make appropriate adjustments to meet quality and production specifications set out by the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Maintains logs for food safety audit purposes.
- Generates and publishes shift reporting such as daily shipping and loading reports.
- Perform grounds keeping and rail track maintenance duties.
- Operates in accordance with health, safety and fire prevention regulations and practices.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
Previous experience in a manufacturing/ industrial environment, grain processing facility or railcar/locomotive operations an asset.
Education and Qualifications:
Grade 12 or equivalent.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience that result in the required level of knowledge, skill and competence will be considered.
- Experience maintaining and repairing equipment will be considered an asset.
- Experience working with automated control systems will be considered an asset.
- Ability to work shifts including nights, weekends and stat holidays.
- Ability to work in a dusty environment.
- Ability to work outdoors year around.
- Ability to work from heights.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Guided by our values of integrity, trust and respect, our goal is to achieve a workforce as diverse as the people we serve. We encourage all members of the designated groups; aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, women, visible minorities and others to join our team. Our client strives to provide a safe and respectful work environment free of discrimination and harassment and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your resume as a MS Document to – firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED