IN DEMAND Recruitment & Consulting Inc. is currently looking to hire a SENIOR MARKET DEVELOPMENT AGRONOMIST for our Rycroft, AB client.
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join this global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible, and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in the agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed, and industry.
The Sr. Market Development Agronomist will partner with sales leadership and other members of the location team to develop and provide agronomic and crop production solutions for our farm customers to help further commercial goals. In this role, you will be involved in new product development and positioning to develop the assigned market.
- Serve as the domain specialist in crop production for the site to mentor, develop, present training and become a source for internal and external clients for crop production.
- Execute on organization’s crop input market development plans by participating in customer field meetings, coordinated product trials, customer agronomy events, marketing support and delivery of crop planning services.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with our key crop input suppliers.
- Provide vision for the geographic region using domain specialist knowledge in agronomy to identify new crop opportunities for the organization and our customers driving incremental revenue.
- Partner with existing and prospective customers, collaborating with location sales teams, focusing on crop planning, seed selection, nutrient, weed, disease and harvest management, to help them produce better crops by making sound crop production and risk management decisions.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Diploma/Certificate or Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum four years of directly related work experience
- Eligible for membership in the Provincial Institute of Agrologists. Future requirement will be to obtain CCA accreditation.
- Have proven working knowledge of plants, crops, soil management, and related areas
- Ability to work overtime and weekends when needed
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Knowledgeable in crop modelling (preferably in Horticulture Crops, Oil seed crops, Cereals, Pulses, Tubers or Fruits)
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite
- Experience influencing internal and external customer behaviour
- CCA or PAg designation
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your resume as a MS Document to Stefanie Howse –email@example.com.
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED