IN DEMAND Recruitment & Consulting Inc. is currently recruiting for an EVENING PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR for our Sainte-Foy, QC client.
The Evening Production Supervisor ensures the smooth running of production activities related to the manufacturing of BD GeneOhm products that take place in his area. Tasks are performed in accordance with applicable regulatory instructions and requirements, thereby ensuring the quality, validity and integrity of the work performed.
- Lead the team to ensure fair and productive support, provide deadlines and priorities and provide adequate coaching to optimize work and increase efficiency;
- Manages the quality system of its sector (follow-up of procedures, deviations, non-compliance reports, notes to files, CAPA, etc.);
- Ensures the approval of files in time to respond to order books or any requests;
- Participate in the transfer to the production of new products developed by the Research and Development team;
- Checks and follows up on investigation, validation and other reports related to production;
- Participate in the drafting of work instructions related to the programs under his responsibility;
- Recommend changes to procedures and work instructions for the continuous improvement of the efficiency of activities related to production processes;
- Plans and offers employee training on the programs under his responsibility and on all activities related to his field of competence;
- Ensures the respect and maintenance of the requirements related to the quality system as well as the rules of health and safety at work;
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of a favorable team spirit within his department;
- Coordinate the validation and repairs of equipment in his department;
- Participate in updating the performance indicators required for his department and provide reports;
- Participate in the improvement of the production process in order to reduce rejects;
- Participate in the optimization of the manufacturing process related to its group and its automation;
- Ensures the implementation of improvement opportunities proposed in the investigation reports when required;
- Refers any unresolved problem to the immediate supervisor, when required;
- Assumes any other functions or tasks entrusted to him by his superior.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Administration, Industrial Relations, or equivalent, combined with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- College diploma in laboratory technique or equivalent, combined with 5 years of relevant experience.
- 3 years minimum of management experience and staff coaching required;
- Experience in biotechnology is an asset;
- Experience in a BPF (Good Manufacturing Practices) / GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), ISO or QSR (Quality System Regulation) environment is required.
- Knowledge of oral and written English is an asset;
- Good knowledge and skills with IT tools, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), SAP, etc.
- Very good oral and written communication skills;
- Staff management (team of ~ 20 people), knowing how to manage, guide and develop employees.
- Possibility of occasional trips;
- Great availability.
- Ability to multitask and solve complex problems;
- Promotion of a work environment that promotes the integration of everyone;
- Focus on results;
- Have efficient processes;
- Learn continuously;
Respect, good interpersonal relations, autonomy, leadership, sense of organization, desire for improvement, judgment, scientific and administrative rigor, initiative and motivation.
A competitive salary;
Vacation paid upon hire;
Company annual leave in addition to statutory holidays:
Group insurance in effect on the date of hire (Medical, Dental, Short and long term disability insurance, Life insurance, accident and dismemberment)
Employee Assistance Program;
Company share purchase program;
Excellent pension plan with generous contribution from the employer;
Performance incentive program;
Physical conditioning support program;
BD has a working environment at the forefront of technology;
Internal training and continuing education are provided
There are 2 shifts for this role …. 3:15 PM – 11:15 PM and 10:00 PM – 7:00 AM – please advise which shift you are interested in.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply today in confidence by sending your resume as a MS Document to – firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED